Many questions are asked there in various forum around the web regarding how to record screen as animated GIF, GIF recorder free and How can I create a GIF screencast?
Since there are many web application are available to do this task, but not all are free. If some of them are free they also include their branding logo under the GIF that can be removed only if you buy their pro service. While if we talk about desktop application we can use any commercial screencasting tools like Camtasia Studio can output screencasts in animated GIF formats. But these tools can be heavy, not that handy to use and out of budget as well.
So, to save your money and time in finding, here I’ve listed three tiny desktop applications that are free and extremely easy to use to record screen as animated GIF. I shortlisted these three tools by testing about ten of tools I found from various sites and forums.
These are light weighted tools but contains almost all the features you could need to record and customize the recorded GIF. The first two of these tools doesn’t even require to install in your system, you can run them directly by exe whenever you need.
Free Tools to Record Screen as Animated GIF : [Video]
Watch the tools in action in below video :
This tool allows you to record a selected area of your screen and save it as a Gif. This contain a lot of amazing features are below :
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation.
- Pause and continue to record.
- Move the window around to record what you want.
- You can add Text, Subtitles and Title Frames.
- Edit the frames, add filters, revert, make yoyo style, change frame delay, add border, add progress bars.
- Crop and Resize.
- You can work even while the program is recording.
- Remove frames that you don’t want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before enconding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized, portable and multilanguage executable.
- Start/Pause and stop your recording using your F keys.
- Multi language: Portuguese, Spanish, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Greek, French, Simplified Chinese, Italian, Vietnamese and Tamil.
- GreenScreen unchanged pixels to save kilobytes.
- You can apply actions/filters to selected frames.
- Fullscreen Recording.
- Snapshot Mode.
- Drag and Drop to add frames in the editor.
GifCam :(My Favourite)
GifCam is easy and fun animated gif making tool. GifCam has a nice idea where the app works like a camera that stays on top of all windows so you can move it and resize it to record your desired area.
LICEcap is an intuitive but flexible application (for Windows and OSX), that is designed to be lightweight and function with high performance.
In addition to .GIF, LICEcap supports its own native lossless .LCF file format, which allows for higher compression ratios than .GIF, higher quality (more than 256 colors per frame), and more accurate timestamping. If you record to .LCF, you can play back the .LCF files within REAPER (and/or use it to convert to .gif or another video format).
If the post helped you, show your love and pass it along to your friends. We are social, so let’s get connected on Facebook , twitter, and YouTube. Also subscribe us by your email to make each post delivered to you directly in your inbox.