Some time you may face such problem with your digital camera memory card, flash drives or any USB drive showing empty when you plug it in your computer, even you well know your flash drive contains the data or you are also sure about your memory card is working fine in digicam and it contains some pictures and video files which has occupied some space.
In that scenario you may worry about to loose your important data and sweet memories captured in your digicam memory card. But i am telling you don’t need to worry about it, here i am going to tell you some easy ways to recover all your important files…
At first you may interested to know the causes behind it :
Actually it happens because of virus, which changes data attribute of system files to hidden so we can’t see data easily but if we check the drive property, it shows complete/some space is occupied by data in drive. Well its not dangerous at all and we can easily recover it.
Now a temporary way to make your files visible to you :
- Click on windows start button.
- Open Folder Options by typing “folders options” in search bar without quotes.
- Go to view tab.
- Check “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” under Hidden files and folder .
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”
- Click Yes if you prompt.
- Now click Apply & then OK.
- Now open that USB drive, you can see your all files there but in hidden mode.
- Click on “Start” –>”Run” –> Type “cmd” and press Enter.
- Here I assume your pendrive drive letter as J:
- Type this command : attrib -h -r -s /s /d j:*.* –> Press Enter
- You can copy the above command –> Right-click in the Command Prompt and paste it.
Its done !
Now check your USB drive, all files are recovered there in proper way. If you got any problem feel free to comment below.
If this post helped you, please take some time to like and share it. You can subscribe us by your email to make every post delivered to you directly in your inbox.