Microsoft has officially released Windows 10 ISO file so that user can download the ISO and perform a clean install or dual-boot with current operating system by creating a bootable Windows 10 pendrive or DVD.
However, with the latest release of Windows OS Microsoft has changed its strategy to distribute Windows 10. As company now providing users a download tool instead of direct links to download Windows 10 ISO file.
The tool Microsoft providing is called “Media Creation Tool” and it’s nothing but just a downloader to download Windows 10 in your system. It will ask you whether to create a bootable USB flash drive, or you could save an ISO file which can later be used to create bootable Windows 10 USB or DVD.
So let’s start with Media Creation Tool, how it can be used to download windows 10 ISO file officially from Microsoft server.
Steps to Download Windows 10 ISO :
- How to Download Windows 10 ISO using IDM, faster download speed
- Easiest way to create Windows 10 bootable pendrive or DVD
- First of all you need to download the media creation tool from Microsoft. Click the button bellow to download the tool as per your required platform architecture.
For 32 bit PC :
[su_button url=”http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616935″ target=”blank” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” icon=”icon: arrow-circle-o-down” rel=”nofollow”]MediaCreationTool.exe[/su_button]
For 64 bit PC :
[su_button url=”http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616936″ target=”blank” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” icon=”icon: arrow-circle-o-down” rel=”nofollow”]MediaCreationToolx64.exe[/su_button]
- Once the download is complete, run the tool. If the User Access Control warning pops-up, click yes.
- After about 30 seconds And Windows 10 setup window will appear. Select “Create Installation Media for another PC” radio button and click Next.
- Now Select your desired OS language, Edition and Windows architecture. If you are not sure about your CPU type, select BOTH option from architecture drop box. Then click Next.
- Now it will ask you whether to create a bootable USB flash drive, or to save an ISO file. Select ISO file radio button . It will ask you for a path to save ISO file, define the path and click Next.
- The Windows 10 ISO download will start. You can see the progress in percentage. Be patient until it completes 100%.
- When it’s done, you can use this ISO to Create Windows 10 bootable pendrive or DVD
- That’s all. Enjoy !!
If you are getting slow download speed using media creation tool you can alternatively try downloading Windows 10 ISO using IDM– that gives faster download speed than media creation tool.
For more similar tricks about Windows 10 visit Windows10 Tricks archive. If the post helped you, please take some time to share it along to your friends. We are social, so let’s get connected on Facebook , twitter, and YouTube. Also subscribe us by your email to make each post delivered to you directly in your inbox.