Microsoft has released Windows 10 ISO File, so that you can download the ISO and install Windows 10 in your system. You have three different ways to install Windows 10, you can check here to know what are those three different ways actually.
Alright. If you have checked the three different ways to install Windows 10 in your system, now you know one of them is creating dual boot Windows 10 along with Windows 7 or 8/8.1 – or you can say this is the same as installing Windows 10 in another hard disk partition alongside your currently Windows OS (i.e Windows 7 or 8/8.1). That means if your system having/ running Windows 7 or 8 in C drive, you can install windows 10 in D drive (or in any other hard disk partition).
So, let’s start the process…
Step by step guide to install, dual boot Windows 10 along with Windows 7 or 8/8.1 :
First of all, here’s the things that you will need before you proceed further…
- You will need Windows 10 ISO file, see bellow how can you get it.
- Now you have to create bootable pendrive or DVD of Windows 10 using the downloaded Windows 10 ISO.
- Be sure about in which hard disk partition you want to install Windows 10. Prepare that partition (Backup all the data from that partition otherwise you’ll lose the data).
Watch the video tutorial for better understanding:
If you didn’t like the video follow the step by step process below :
- Plug-in the Windows 10 bootable pendrive or DVD in your system
- Restart the system
- While restarting press F12 key frequently
(or any other key that applies in your system to display “boot manager”)
(If this isn’t working for you, try to set boot device priority “First” to pendrive/USB or DVD)
- You will see boot manager screen, listing all the bootable devices available in your system
- Select USB drive(pendrive) or DVD writer – whatever you have plugged in
- Click enter and keep following the “Windows Setup” ahead…
- When “Which type of installation do you want?” comes, select second option-that is “Custom: Install Windows Only (Advanced)“
- Now setup will ask you “Where do you want to install Windows?“.
- Select the hard disk partition which you had prepared earlier
(be careful here otherwise you’ll lose all your data if you select wrong partition)
- Now let the setup proceed, it will take some time
- When it asks for license key, enter the key or click “do this later“
- Give the username and password
- Now let the process complete
- When done, that’s all. You have successfully created dual boot Windows 10 along with the existing OS in your system.
- Enjoy the new generation OS, Windows 10.
For more similar tricks about Windows 10 visit Windows 10 Tricks & our most popular How-To archives. If the post helped you, please take some time to share it along to your friends. We are social, so let’s get connected on Facebook , twitter, and YouTube. Also subscribe us by your email to make each post delivered to you directly in your inbox.