Google Play Store enables you to install any Android Apps in your Android device very easily unknowingly of it’s APK file to you. You can install Apps in your Androd device either by accessing “Play Store” App given in your device or by signing-in to https://play.google.com/store/apps/ in your computer browser with the same Google account you use in your Android device.
But what if you don’t want to install an App but just to download it’s APK file to use anywhere else. Suppose you want to install an App but you have no enough space in your phone memory to first download and then install it by Google Play Store itself, or maybe your Android device is not supported for a particular title or there are location restrictions in place, or you want to use APK file for some another purpose like Run Android Apps in ARC Welder. So in these scenarios you may need to download APK file from Google Play Store or extract APK from your android device.
Alternatively Recommended : How to Extract APK from Android Phone.
Downloading APK file from play store was pain but let’s thank to developers who created a tool/chrome extension called APK Downloader that let you download apk files directly from play store very easily.
Here I’ll discuss two methods to download an APK file from Google play store :
- Fist one is by using Chrome Extension or Firefox Add-On
- and second one is by using a website tool
Steps to Download an APK file from Play Store using Extension/Add-On :
- Add browser Extension APK Downloader in your Chrome browser
Add APK Downloader add-on for Firefox
- After successful installation of APK Downloader in your browser go to the any App page in play store
(open App in play store which you want to download APK)
- Now you will see a new button “Download APK” available there
(which was not available before adding this extension)
- click “Download APK”, it will take you to a new tab
- Provide your email id (same you are using in device), password and android device id
(follow given instruction to get your device id)
- Login and download APK for Android App you want
- that’s it !!
Steps to Download an APK file using a Website Tool :
- go to http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/
- Put the App package name or full Play Store URL in text box
- hit the button “Generate Download Link”
- Use generated link to download APK File.
(you can use any download manager like IDM to download)
- Verify the downloaded file with MD5 check sum on play store
- Also you can Scan the downloaded file to be assured
- Now you have APK file, you are done !!
If this post helped you, please do like, share and comment. Subscribe us by your email to make each post delivered to you directly in your inbox.