You landed here…does it mean you didn’t find Windows 10 right for you?…if so, do not worry. You can rollback, downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 or 8/8.1 very easily by using the simple recovery option, but within a month only.
Yes, you have just a month to go back. If your Windows 10 installation been more than a month, you won’t be able to downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 or 8/8.1. You would be unable to do so because the “Windows.old” folder in your “C” drive gets deleted after a month. This method won’t work even if you had run the disk cleanup utility to clean up the older installation files (i.e “Windows.old” folder).
However, if you downgrade today, you can always upgrade to Windows 10 again later. So let’s start the simple steps to uninstall/ downgrade windows 10.
PS: This uninstall/downgrade trick works only if you have upgraded your currently running Windows OS to Windows 10. It won’t work if you have installed Windows 10 on other hard disk partition – i.e created dual boot Windows 10 along with Windows 7 (or 8/8.1). In that case you need to follow the tutorial “how to remove/uninstall Windows 10 from dual boot“.
Also read :
- You can install Windows 10 in 3 different ways, check it out
- Easiest Way To Create Windows 10 Bootable Pendrive or DVD
Steps to uninstall or downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 or 8/8.1:
- Click on Start button to open start menu
- Click on Settings
- Now find the Update & Security option in the bottom, and click on it
- Update & Security setting will be opened, now find Recovery option in the left side and click on it
- There you will find an option Go back to Windows 7 (or 8/8.1), click Get started button right below the option
- Now it will ask you the reason to “Why you are going back?”, check the any check box that applies on you
- Now click Next
That’s all, wait for the process to complete. System will be rebooted, so let it be. Once the process completes you will get your previous/original Windows operating system back. You can always upgrade to Windows 10 again later. You can also install Windows 10 in another hard drive partition (dual boot Windows 10 along with your currently running OS) or perform a clean install.
Hope the post helped you. So please take some time to share it along to your friends and connect with us on Facebook , twitter, and YouTube. Also subscribe us by your email to make each post delivered to you directly in your inbox.